Directions for use and care How to set up your Earthing sheet.
1. Place the Earthing sheet over your mattress and stretch each corner gently to fit contour of the mattress, as you would any fitted bottom sheet.
2. Insert one end of the Earthing cord into the ground port (third hole) of a properly grounded wall outlet or connect to cord of an Earthing ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
3. Find the connecting tab on the sheet and snap other end of Earthing cord onto the tab.
4. When you lie down on the connected sheet, any bare skin contact will transfer the Earth’s energy to your body once you connect the sheet.
How to test your sheet with the conductivity tester. Click here to see the Earthing conductivity tester video.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing sheet is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from sheet into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the sheet. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of sheet. Press firmly on the sheet to obtain a good contact. A green light means that sheet is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the sheet may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their sheets. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the sheet while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the sheet are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibers of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your sheet often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
How to care for your Earthing sheet.
The sheet may be machine washed using warm setting, approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 celsius). Tumble dry using medium setting, up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65 Celsius). Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of your sheet. Do not dry clean your sheet. When necessary, use hydrogen peroxide-based non-bleach to remove stains and/or to whiten. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the Earthing sheet. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity.